Happy New Year
This is the day that the LORD has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!
If there is one thing that every single Lutheran has heard at least once in their lifetime, it’s this... LUTHERANS DON’T LIKE CHANGE!
I write this with confidence... people are glad that 2020 is over. I’m sure a lot of you are thinking the same way. So many things changed for everyone this past year. Just to list a few things:
- People had to sit in the front pews at church because we had to space out!
- We have remote work and school. This meant more family time and building those relationships up.
- The movie industry has completely changed. We now have movies on demand even more so. There used to be at least a 90 day window from Theatre to the home, now it’s something like 2 weeks.
- Personal finances have changed. People stopped eating out, taking those vacations, and meeting with people in general. How we budgeted this year was unlike any other year.
- Zoom meetings and face time have increased ten-fold!.
Honestly, the list could go on and on. Restaurants, schooling, sports, work, relationships, mental health, physical health, screen time, travel, the prevalence of Amazon, and so much more has changed this past year.
But let me tell you one thing that hasn’t changed. Christ.
Hebrews 13:8 says this, “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.”
This is incredibly important! Jesus made us some big promises. He told us that He would never leave us or forsake. He told us that His love will never fail. He told us that He is our Helper and our Guide. He told us that when we are weak, then He is strong.
I take comfort in the fact that what Jesus says, He does. He doesn’t surprise us and say, oh, well things are different now and you can’t do that anymore. His grace is eternal. The words He spoke give life, the promises He shares bring hope, the life He lived showed us love. Those things will never change.
I encourage you to go into 2021 and have hope! Breathe life into others by sharing the Gospel and reaching out.
Sunday School, Midweek, and Confirmation classes will be resuming this January! Rally day is January 10th. Come to worship this day as we kick off our Winter classes. We are jumping back into our Bible Studies and classes. All with precautions of course. Youth ministry is still changing. More information will be given as we go through each week. Ideally, we will be meeting for our annual youth tubing night at Double JJ’s and I am still planning on a Lock-in. But things are changing. We are trying to find creative ways to connect.
Things will be on the calendar but planning a month in advance is tricky. For the most up-to-date information, the weekly bulletin and Facebook updates will be your best friend.
As always, St. James staff cares about you and if you ever need anything, please don’t hesitate to call or email.
Jesus loves you!