Current Covid-19 Mandate in Place for St. James:
- 1st service, 8:15 am, masks will be required the moment that you enter the building until you exit the building.
- 2nd service, 10:45 am, you will have the option of whether or not you want to wear a mask. We will still be practicing six feet social distancing while in the sanctuary.
- All education programs such as Sunday School, Midweek & Confirmation classes, and any other organized events, we ask that you wear a mask and practice social distancing.
The Church Council will meet again tomorrow, Monday, January 18th, to review this current mandate.
If you have added a friend or loved one to our prayer list, please keep us updated on their progress!
Diaper Drive for Muskegon Pregnancy Services
Today is Life Sunday. For the next 3 weeks we are collecting diapers to provide support for MPS. Muskegon Pregnancy Services offers a wide variety of resources to help young adults who are struggling or need assistance. They provide great educational tools and the help that often gets overlooked when looking especially at teen pregnancy. All donations can be placed in the designated tote in the narthex.
Sunday, January 17th at 6:00 - 7:30 pm in the Youth House. For ages 6th-12th grade. A MUST come event!
Super Bowl Sub Sales
It's that time of year again! Any Junior or Senior high youth is able to sell this year. Subs cost $3/ea. or 6 for $15. Money raised is helped to offset the cost of youth gatherings like NYG or other church events.
Junior/Senior High Bible Study
We will all meet in the Youth House at 9:30 am for breakfast and a study. We need congregation members to help be small group leaders. If you are interested in helping with breakfast, being a part of faith building conversations, or just want to play games, contact Russell.
2020 Giving Statements are available on the table down by the office entrance. I you can't find yours, please contact the church office at 231-894-8471.
2021 Offering Envelopes are on the table down by the office entrance. If you can't find yours, please contact the church office at 231-894-8471.
We are looking for three adults each week to help assist with crafts on Wednesday Nights from 6:30-7:30 pm. Please sign up on the Midweek bulletin board!
Scrip Statements are available at the table for those who purchased SCRIP during the period of June - December 2020. You earned $969.42 in this 7 month period. The totals are: Love Family $97.03; Quilters $7.09; Men's Group $3.30; Youth Group $39.71; Family Accounts $1299.91. We are looking for people to help sell scrip, specifically after 2nd services and 1st service on the 4th and 5th Sundays of the month. If you are able to help with Scrip please call Gary Mason at 343-7417.
Red Cross Blood Drive
Wednesday, 1/27, from noon - 6:00 pm. Come Donate blood and help Save a life. The need for donors is huge right now! Also looking for volunteers to help! Please contact Russell.
Summer Servant Event Info Meeting
January 31st at 9:30 am in the youth house. Meeting for youth and families about serving this summer. Must be at least 7th grade (going into 8th) through 12th grade. Sign up on the High School Youth Board.
Congregational Voters Meeting
Wednesday, 2/10, at 6:30 pm, in the Sanctuary. If there is something you would like to add to the agenda, please contact the church office by 2/3.
As school comes to a close this spring, Good Shepherd Preschool will be saying good bye to our teacher assistant, Kathi Strahl.
After 35 years, she has decided that the time is right to retire. Kathi has been a truly dedicated teacher, nurturing, inspiring, and caring for our St. James children as well as the children of our community. She is a much loved staff member here at St. James and will be missed! A "Thank You" celebration is in the works for May! It is the task of the Board of Education to begin the process of searching for someone to fill this position. They have compiled a job description (included in this bulletin) and will be taking applications through February 28th.
Preschool Teacher Assistant
Now accepting applications for: Preschool Teacher Assistant ~ Good Shepherd Preschool
St James Lutheran Church ~ 8495 Stebbins Street, Montague, MI 49437 ~ 231-894-8471
Good Shepherd is a Christian preschool providing half day programs Monday-Friday. Operating for over 35 years in a Christian setting affiliated with St James Lutheran Church, we are licensed by the State of Michigan.
- Assist the primary teacher in the development and organization of daily lessons
- Assist with the delivery of daily instruction and facilitation of rich educational experiences
- Participate in additional events outside of typical school hours; to include open houses, Christmas and year-end programs, fund-raising activities, etc.
- Engage in play with children to build language and social skills
- Pray with children at the beginning and end of each day, as well as at meal times
- Follow all policies and procedures for inside and outside the classroom
- Provide a positive example of what it means to follow Christ
- Engage in continuing education as required by State of Michigan regulations
- Member in good standing of a Lutheran Church Missouri Synod
- Preferred: Associates degree or higher in early childhood education or child development
- Required: Minimum of a high school diploma or GED in addition to associated coursework and experience requirements
- Certified or willing to become certified in CPR/First Aid
To apply, please send resume and letter of interest to:
Alan Mayville ~ Chair, Board of Education
Deadline to apply: February 28, 2021
Just a reminder... Ways to Give
Download the eGiving App "GivePlus" to set one-time or recurring donations. You can also manage and view your giving from the convenience of your smartphone! Text ~ set up a one time or recurring donation by texting the amount you wish to give to 231-674-8049. When using electronic giving please consider checking the "optional" box -Give additional 2.75% to help offset the processing fee.